Xante Consumable Report & Reset Drum Counters - Just Info for EnPress Owners

WeberPrinting

Just wanted to share a bit of how-to Information with fellow Xante EnPress Owners.

There is an internal report you can generate that will give you specific counters to know how much of your drums, transfer belt, used toner cartridge etc have been used.
See the attached Pictures to generate a report on your own printer. Put 20# bond 8.5 x 11 in tray one as this will print out. If you don't want to waste paper or time, just put 5 sheets of paper in there,
because everything you want to know is on PAGE 4 of this report.

Under 7621-02 PM COUNTER DISP: it will show usage for drums. K=Black, C=Cyan, etc. Be sure when changing color drums all 3 are changed at the same time as that is how the internal counters work. They reset for Black when a new Drum in inserted, it blows a fuse inside the drum to reset the counter values.

================================

If you end up in a jam where you need to make a consumable last longer than the 120,000 stop the machine issue:

-select classic printer view
-hit "reset"
- type in "806182" then hold down C
-select "PM counter/ New unit set
-select "Remaining days usage"
- press yes under "new unit set" to the parts you want to clear
- restart the machine

Alert might come up once it restarts but it will go away in a few minutes

==================================

I did this for a Black dum on a weekend when I had to finish the job and didn't have a new drum sitting there ready to use.
I didn't see the "Remaining Days Usage" it but doing the above steps did reset the counter for the Black Drum
and it continued to work for weeks beyond it's life.

Hope some of this helps other EnPress Users. Their phone/email support is so poor I felt we should be assisting others when we find a fix for something.

Attachments

• EnPress Printing the SMC Report	2019.5.28.jpg
    EnPress Printing the SMC Report 2019.5.28.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 195
  • PAGE4SPREPORT.jpg
    PAGE4SPREPORT.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 159
Did it quit running when it hit the count? My experience has been when it hits the count the machine keeps running with the message to replace the unit at the bottom of the screen.

It will notify you at 60,000 impressions that a drum is spent. It will continue to print to 120,000, and then the machine is shut down until it is replaced or you do this reset thing. Xante tech support said to be sure to change your pricing tables to 60,000 impressions for a drum cause there is no guarantee it can make 120,000. At least this work-a-round can allow one to use drums that haven't been used up. I had a weird scenario where they had me ship the machine it cause it was overheating after 2,000 impressions on envelopes and they did fix it, but then returned it with all the drums they use to test with inside the machine, so my counters were all off kilter. Having a way to reset is certainly good to keep on file in case one has a need for it.

Just wanted to share a bit of how-to Information with fellow Xante EnPress Owners.

There is an internal report you can generate that will give you specific counters to know how much of your drums, transfer belt, used toner cartridge etc have been used.
See the attached Pictures to generate a report on your own printer. Put 20# bond 8.5 x 11 in tray one as this will print out. If you don't want to waste paper or time, just put 5 sheets of paper in there,
because everything you want to know is on PAGE 4 of this report.

Under 7621-02 PM COUNTER DISP: it will show usage for drums. K=Black, C=Cyan, etc. Be sure when changing color drums all 3 are changed at the same time as that is how the internal counters work. They reset for Black when a new Drum in inserted, it blows a fuse inside the drum to reset the counter values.

================================

If you end up in a jam where you need to make a consumable last longer than the 120,000 stop the machine issue:

-select classic printer view
-hit "reset"
- type in "806182" then hold down C
-select "PM counter/ New unit set
-select "Remaining days usage"
- press yes under "new unit set" to the parts you want to clear
- restart the machine

Alert might come up once it restarts but it will go away in a few minutes

==================================

I did this for a Black dum on a weekend when I had to finish the job and didn't have a new drum sitting there ready to use.
I didn't see the "Remaining Days Usage" it but doing the above steps did reset the counter for the Black Drum
and it continued to work for weeks beyond it's life.

Hope some of this helps other EnPress Users. Their phone/email support is so poor I felt we should be assisting others when we find a fix for something.
I wanted to thank you for this information because it was a real life saver. I had a job stop in the middle of a run and this fixed my problem this was the first time I needed a work around. Thank you for this thread.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back