Converting to Grayscale custom Action

InvisSoul

So I'm trying to make and action for grayscale conversion for use in Pitstop as well as XMF if we choose.

So I have gotten the images to convert and tag how I want them and can get the color (4c & Spots) converted fine but I can't figure out how to make the text that is 90% black and above to 100%

Can anyone shed some light on which actions to lead me in the right direction?

Global Change. Grab 90% black text. Target to 100% black. Save as action. Add to the end of other action.

Joe's on the right track, but I think you'll need to grab a range since you stated you want 90 and above to go to solid. Remap Color global is what you would start with - it lets you input a color range.

mac-osx (10.12.6)
enfocus pitstop pro 2017 (update 1)

the above pitstop version has an action set up already … entitled “set almost black text to 100k” … the 'action' is located within the 'color' group. default value conversion already set from 85%-k to 100%-k values … targeting text elements as well. seems to me a slam-dunk … could either run it secondary or simply integrate it within your existing action.

take note … acrobat does have this covered already … converting color to grayscale … while respecting black text … acrobat/tools/print-production/convert-colors interface.

whichever method you choose … make certain the resultant grayscale images do not appear ‘flat’ and missing some highlights/shadows … this tends to happen with the default grayscale filters which both enfocus and adobe utilize/integrate. one should always test conducively each job that comes in the door … rgb ’n lab ’n cmyk ’n sats/hues ’n etc. … image adherence is never static and cannot be relied upon … just because one job looks beautiful after the production run has finished … does not guarantee the same for each concurrent job.

have attached two screen-caps for your benefit … thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 10.22.19 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	663.2 KB ID:	273501Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 10.37.50 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	504.1 KB ID:	273502

Last edited:
Ok. I thought I was out of the woods, not so.

The action works fine if I use it in Pitstop, but when I put the action into XMF and process the same file, the black that was converting to 100% is now converting to 87% black.

If you want you can move this to the Fuji forum. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Here is a screen shot of the action.

Attachments

• photo7400.png
    photo7400.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 366
Before you convert the text use the 'override color management' action and turn color management off.
you can also save the settings before you use the override, and then re-instate them at the end of the action.

If you send me your action I can modify it for you if you want,,,

Before you convert the text use the 'override color management' action and turn color management off.
you can also save the settings before you use the override, and then re-instate them at the end of the action.

If you send me your action I can modify it for you if you want,,,

Sent you a PM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back