Correct imaging to DI Pro

pvadebon

I teach at a career & tech center. We have a DI-Pro. We have no problem imaging standard images sizes, ie, 8.5 x 11 on 11 x 17 with 10mm lead edge trim or standard 11 x 17 images with the 10mm trim. When we were trained, the technician hand us open the file on the RIP and use the "Crop/Clip" tool to remove 10mm off the lead edge.
The problem we are having is working with images that require a bleed.

For example, we have an 8.5 x 11 sheet with a 1/8" bleed that we want to print work and tumble on 12 x 18. The school we are printing the job for sent us a PDF file with the bleeds included. The size of the file with bleed is 11.83" x 9.33". When I try to send the file we get errors about page size is too large for the type of job we are printing.

We usually use Preps to impose the file. I can't figure out how to create the correct template in Preps to use that will solve the 10mm lead edge issue.

As an alternative, I tried sending the PDF as two seperate pages to the RIP and take off the 10mm on the first page and keep the second page as is, then at the DI-Pro image them two-up, but it won't RIP correctly.

Does anyone either have a Preps template created for this type job they can email or explain how we should be doing this to account for the 10mm shift?

Thanks in advance

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back