Cost-efficient workflow for packaging imposing/nesting

imperfectoutlaw

Hello, we are a small to medium printing house in Europe. We use sheetfed offset printing and lately the main focus has become packaging. Please recommend how to cost-efficiently update our prepress workflow / imposing software.
1. I am mostly interested in packaging imposing / packaging nesting. Is there something that would work with CorelDraw generated die cuts (.cdr/.pdf/.swg/.dxf) and print-ready pdf-s from clients?
2. Should we replace CorelDraw for drawing different packaging die cut lines to something automated? ArtiosCAD is something like that but seems very expensive.
3. For updating preflight I am thinking of Callas pdfToolbox because it is a standalone program (upgrading our old Adobe Acrobat Pro+Enfocus Pitstop combo to the newest versions would be more expensive) but any recommendation is welcome.

Take a look at Printfactory.cloud. They are popular in Europe and breaking into US market. While a software mainly for color it has a very powerful layout program for nesting. Very inexpensive 1st step.

Take a look at Printfactory.cloud. They are popular in Europe and breaking into US market. While a software mainly for color it has a very powerful layout program for nesting. Very inexpensive 1st step.
Took a look on their web page. Almost too good to be true. Is anybody using their software?

Hello, we are a small to medium printing house in Europe. We use sheetfed offset printing and lately the main focus has become packaging. Please recommend how to cost-efficiently update our prepress workflow / imposing software.
1. I am mostly interested in packaging imposing / packaging nesting. Is there something that would work with CorelDraw generated die cuts (.cdr/.pdf/.swg/.dxf) and print-ready pdf-s from clients?
2. Should we replace CorelDraw for drawing different packaging die cut lines to something automated? ArtiosCAD is something like that but seems very expensive.
3. For updating preflight I am thinking of Callas pdfToolbox because it is a standalone program (upgrading our old Adobe Acrobat Pro+Enfocus Pitstop combo to the newest versions would be more expensive) but any recommendation is welcome.
Check out tilia Phoenix for all print imposition (CAD-based, books, labels, nesting, planning) from Tilia Labs:

Kodak offers Pandora which is a Packaging based step and repeat software designed to work with any CAD file format. Pandora has SmartLayout technology to automatically build layouts via your MIS system

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back