Cover a bit too loose w perfect binder

I am trying to bind a small, 104-page A5 book on our new perfect binder (D60C-A3) and the cover is always just a bit too loose. I feel like I have adjusted every setting possible. Any tips would be so greatly appreciated. I have to finish this job in the next couple of days. Thanks in advance!!

Loose as in the spine is too big? I'm not familiar with that machine a judging by a picture I found on google you manually place a pre-scored cover in the machine. Your creases are probably farther apart than they should be.

Thanks. I actually was not creasing the spine ahead of time—perhaps that is indeed my problem. Can I pre-crease w the creasing unit? This is my first perfect binding machine, so it’s a bit of a learning curve for me.

Here is a picture of what I am seeing after binding.

Attachments

• photo7578.jpg
    photo7578.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 212
What's the cover weight? creasing/scoring covers should make a huge difference in book quality. Do you have a way to crease or score? You need to measure the thickness of your book with a caliper so you know where to put the creases. Also if your perfect binder does side glue you should hinge score also about 0.2 inches out from the spine scores. After you get your scores right you can play with the nipper table pressure.

I also see your covers have waves. Covers should be flat. Scoring the spine and hinge about 6mm improves quality greatly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back