CP85 cleaning unit makes weird noise.

motormount

Hi all!

For the last two years we've been using the CP85 cleaning unit.
It proseced approximately 10000 azura TS plates (or 5000 sq mtrs),most of them (till february)745x605 and lately mainly1030x785.

The last month it started made some noises coming mainly from the scrub rollers gears,something like an old watch unwinding (-krrr-krrr-) can't really describe it i must record it i suppose :p

Today the noise became much louder.

The only thing i've noticed is the gears are kinda loose,but i wouldn't know how loose they were in the first place,and they sure aren't much more loose than the transfer rollers gears.

Plates are coming up fine,and the maintenance is performed in very tight basis-major cleaning every month- no chemicals used.

Any one facing something similar?

Thanks in advance!

Also check to make sure the bushes on the rollers haven't moved.
I've had to push ours back into place a few times.

I will-as soon as i understand what ''bushes'' mean,no native english speaker here-

Thank's anyway!

ps How's printing down under?

I will-as soon as i understand what ''bushes'' mean,no native english speaker here-

Thank's anyway!

ps How's printing down under?

20130515_095821_agfa.jpg
black bush next to the gear.

Cp 85

Cp 85

Ours used to do that. I would pour water over the gears to clean out the build up and it would quiet down. It hasn't done it since we did finally replace them......

rotarypower3,thanks again!

twitch5253,what did you replace,gears only or complete rollers set?
I will try the water thing,but there is'nt anything build up on my rollers!

ok,but i think it's rather easy to get rid of chemistry build up from the gears,why did you have to replace them?

rotarypower3,mine's a little bit different:
the gears are black and plastic,the bushes are square and white instead of round and black that's yours and the housing is a lot different!

I'll see what i can do!

Well today the noise changed,making quite clear it was coming from the gears outside the tank-the ones next to the motor-
Applied some grease and the noise went away,leaving us with whatever caused it...

Are you using a G&J CP85 your brushes look like this:
Snap2.jpg
Remove one brush at a time and see if the noise gets better or worse.
Swap the brush positions and see if the noise gets any better or worse.
Swap the white blocks on the opposite end and see if it gets any better or worse.

Then check and see how loose the gear is driving the two brushes, can you wiggle up and down or left to right or in a circular motion, the bearing that goes through the wall could be worn out allowing the gear to move in a out of circular rotation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mogilski!

That's my cleaner!

I've tried beforehand all the above.

Like i said nothing worked,till i greased the gear outside the tank,the one you get to when you remove the left upper cover.

Not much of a solution,but the noise is gone and i'm really happy about it.

Btw,the cleaner on the jpeg you uploaded is brand new,right?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back