XEROX 7400 killing transfer units 101R00421

richsweeney

I have 2 xerox 7400's and they both trash the transfer units in an average of 30 days. It is under contract, so they keep sending replacements. Could it be bad toner?

There is a gear that seems to fuse and then the machine will make a very loud clicking noise. This is because the cleaning unit on the belt has become fused with toner.

I have learned to take the thing apart and clean it.
Normally the unit lasts about a month, It should last 100k. or about a year.

The repairmen come in and have replaced the entire augur assembly.

I also recycle the waste toner cartridge. I clean out everthing and make sure it turns without effort. It does not seem to matter if I use new ones or old as far as the transfer unit is concerned.

I would use oki parts, but then I don't think xerox would replace it if it went bad.

Hi, I don't know how careful the repairman is - first thing to check - if anything comes into contact with that belt that it should not - inspect the broken belt and look carefully where did it start to tear-up. Inspect the printer according to that. Also make sure that printer stands on the flat surface - if it is twisted, it might force the belt to shift and eventually brake. If something fuses together - it is another problem. Please define "fused".
I have taken Disposed toner container apart and put it tougether - if, let's just imagine, you do something wrong then it is logical that it will cause waist toner to back-up and turn in to rocks, at some point it might press the BELT'S cleaning blade with high pressure against the belt its self and rip it up. For starters try using new Waist toner boxes - they're not "Arm and leg" priced unlike anything else in this machine - see what happens.

XEROX 7400 Transfer unit

XEROX 7400 Transfer unit

Hi, I don't know how careful the repairman is - first thing to check - if anything comes into contact with that belt that it should not - inspect the broken belt and look carefully where did it start to tear-up. Inspect the printer according to that. Also make sure that printer stands on the flat surface - if it is twisted, it might force the belt to shift and eventually brake. If something fuses together - it is another problem. Please define "fused".
I have taken Disposed toner container apart and put it tougether - if, let's just imagine, you do something wrong then it is logical that it will cause waist toner to back-up and turn in to rocks, at some point it might press the BELT'S cleaning blade with high pressure against the belt its self and rip it up. For starters try using new Waist toner boxes - they're not "Arm and leg" priced unlike anything else in this machine - see what happens.

Thanks for your help. The belts are never torn or ripped. The toner seems to back up into the cleaning gear that is part of the transfer unit. On the xerox 7650 it is a seperate consumable. There is a little plastic gear that is supposed to turn with the transfer unit. It is in this area with the plastic gear that becomes fused/frozen. The waste toner is then not dumped properly. Yesterday I rans about 300 sheets on a brand new unit before it froze/fuzed. I can post a picture if that help.
I know this is not a uncommon problem, but it seem to be getting much worse lately.
I heard the yellow is supposed to be the lubricant toner, and I do not feel this is working.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back