Create impositions in Automation Engine 14

MxPrepress

Hi
I have a problem with my brand-new workflow, cause AE can't make impositions. I read in the AE manual about to create impositions from a JDF layout, made on another WF, like Prinect Signa Station.
Anyone have experienced this?

I have played with it in the past. Its been a few years but it did work fine for me. I do know that you need the layout module for this to work. Did you purchase it?

No, i don't. I bought Personal AE, Job management module, Viewing & QA module only. Esko told me that I will be able to do impositions exporting the templete layouts from Prinect Signa in a JDF format, don't tell me how. The montaje of packaging its Ok I do it with a MFG from artios cad, and with a Artpro action list.
So, i need this Layout module for AE? I have ArtPro and action list

If you want, send me a link to download your file or a private message on this site and I will give you my email address to send it to. I will see if I can document how to do it. Then you can try my steps and see if the licensing prohibits it.

Why did Esko get rid of FastImpose? I was told since I am upgrading from AE 10, that I will have FastImpose, but if I was a new user, that FastImpose is not offered. Total stupidity!

Esko made it a point to say at past esko worlds that they are a packaging software and hardware company. This being said, I think they made an early mistake in never creating fast impose to run native on the mac. Most commercial shops I have visited run mac's in their production department. It was also more expensive then many of its competitors.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back