Creating a file to test print a digital press

Hello,

I am looking into purchasing a digital press and would like to create or find a file to use to test out the different presses. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

JP

How about some jobs you have had trouble running or some you run on a regular basis.

Thanks for the suggestion. But, currently I have a newspaper web press … No test files appropriate for a digital press.

I use a test form with some ISO300 images, some pantone swatches that are inside and outside of GRACoL. I also send IT8's to print without color management to check the gamut of the device and the thing I find most useful is full 11x17 sheets of 40% screens of each channel plus a CMY 50,40,40. I visually evaluate and measure the inboard/outboard variation on the sheet.

Any digital toner press has roughly the same gamut, looking at images and evaluating the device for color is silly because you have no idea in what state it is in. The real test for me is how does it print a solid: Does it have banding/deletions and is it stable across the sheet or does it get darker on one side to the other. The CMY sheet will show banding in individual colors really well, especially yellow.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back