Creo Thermal Head

mmshj

I hope you will be good in new year.

would you mind help us about some devices in Creo Laser head?

We open the box of laser. some parts in it's unknown for us.

We want to know that these parts ability and reactions.
photos is attached with this email.

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 220
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 239
I hope you will be good in new year.

would you mind help us about some devices in Creo Laser head?

We open the box of laser. some parts in it's unknown for us.

We want to know that these parts ability and reactions.
photos is attached with this email.

Looking at the pictures attached, I can only wish you good luck with the head. I am sorry but you need to know what you are doing when you take the cover off one of these heads.

Wow.... this is a first
If the reason is anything but a reverse engineering attempt, it was a bad, bad move...
BTW, if one wants some success with reverse engineering he should know that he must be much smarter than the guys who designed this laser. Theoretically it's not a challenge, but manufacturing it is

If the reason is anything but a reverse engineering attempt, it was a bad, bad move...
BTW, if one wants some success with reverse engineering he should know that he must be much smarter than the guys who designed this laser. Theoretically it's not a challenge, but manufacturing it is

One of the safe guards against reverse engineering the Creo thermal heads had (still have?) is a self destruct mechanism. It would be activated if the head was tampered with.

best, gordo

Last edited:
One of the safe guards against reverse engineering the Creo thermal heads had (still have?) is a self destruct mechanism. It would be activated if the head was tampered with.

best, gordo

Interesting, Gordo... that's not something that even I've heard of before. However, I will agree that they're not designed for internal repair in the field. Our standard practice is to swap heads in the field if needed, and rebuild/remanufacture them in our lab (in Vancouver) where we have the proper tools and procedures.

Kevin.

MMMSJ is a VERY brave but rather silly to open up and attempt to repair a THead. NOT a good idea.

Wow...Nice. I have never seen inside... WTG. I see the GLV looks alot stronger and robust than the screen GLV. oh wait was that a tiny time bomb I see activated. BOOM. dead

leave it alone and call EZ Hitech if you want it replaced

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back