Creo Trendsetter 800 - Carriage sound problem

Riz Khan

Hi,

We have sometime carriage sound (very bad) during imaging and returning to home position, also when the drum speed is slow, infact sound is coming from carriage motor.

We found technical document mention, The main cause of this problem seems to be an excessive DC offset Volts on the carriage drive board, due to the brand of capacitor used in manufacturing.

Our carriage amplifier board part # 10-3761B-C, can we repair this board replacing the capacitor - anyone tried - please reply.

Kind regards

dear , u have to specific in the kind of sound u hear , if u r hearing a smashing sound when it working , or just u hear buzzing sound while the carriage moves !

Hi,

sound is like humming / smashing ... we observe "OC" RED LED light lit on the carriage drive board - Indicates the motor drive current exceeds +/-12 Amp.

with fast drum speed normal, and with slow drum speed problem.

regards

I change capacitor on carriage board, solve in this way the problem. but.....I hear this noise in speed normal and fast.
Now......works well.

Hi Digiservice,

Thanks for your reply, please tell me which capacitor you have changed on Board, also do you see now OC RED LED LIT on Carriage Bd.

regards

I change capacitor on carriage board, solve in this way the problem. but.....I hear this noise in speed normal and fast.
Now......works well.

Please help to solve problem and mention which capacitor you have change on PCB Board enclosed you will find picture of Carriage PCB board

Attachments

• Creo carriage Bd.JPG
    Creo carriage Bd.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 264
Dear Rizwan,

How old the board is?? if it is more than 5~6 years old change both capacitor cp4 and cp6 but with same rating.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back