CS5 InDesign not ripping correct page numbers

kamcl

Don't know if I should be posting here or in the Adobe (Since we only have one RIP), but CS5 is now not ripping the correct page numbers to Nexus 8. For instance if I need page t18 and t30, I need to rip the entire job or be VERY careful not to over write existing pages 1 and 2.
I seem to remember having a similar issue with CS4? but can't for the life of me remember what the fix was. Anyone? Do I need an update to Nexus 9 (the boss is dragging his heels in this economy) or perhaps CS5?

what do you mean "ripping"? Indesign is not a rip. Do you mean it isn't sending the correct pages to the rip?

Also may I ask how your shop is getting around the fact that snow leopard doesn't have appletalk anymore, how do you see the nexus printers? If at all.

I am using Indesign CS5 and Nexus 9.0.3

what u mean by t18 and t30? I'm sorry if it is because i don't use nexus, but do you print from indesign to pages with that flow? No PDF based flow? (Thought all workflows were PDF by now)

what do you mean "ripping"? Indesign is not a rip. Do you mean it isn't sending the correct pages to the rip?

Also may I ask how your shop is getting around the fact that snow leopard doesn't have appletalk anymore, how do you see the nexus printers? If at all.

I am using Indesign CS5 and Nexus 9.0.3

Yes of course, I meant sending.
APPLETALK!! That's the answer. We are desperately trying to get the boss to upgrade all around. Hampered by only having one machine with CS5 and Nexus 8.0.
We're sending via proxy printer from the CS5 equipped machine. Now we have more ammo to get the boss to up grade. THANKS pacart.

Im not following you, why are you thanking me?

Is your rip on a mac or pc server?

Im currently running nexus on a windows 2003 server, and have been relegated to only using the hotfolders to make links and plates. I am no longer able to see the Nexus appletalk printers, which was a bit faster on the old G5. Now to make a link i export as a pdf out of indesign and drop it on one of my import hotfolders or if i am making a plate i print to a postscript file and drop that on my hotfolder for our imagesetter. Im getting used to it, cant complain now that im sportin a new 6 core Mac Pro and CS5, but it was less of a process before.

I would like to help you with your original question, but i still don't understand what is happening. More detail would be appreciated.

Update your nexus, Current version is 9.5.x. You are using software that was released a few years ago. I have no problems running PDFs (we export instead of print) from indesign to Nexus.

I would update my nexus if i was able. Esko rapes you when it comes to service contracts, since we hardly even need support my boss stopped paying for the service contract which also meant that we can no longer upgrade, now if we want to upgrade it will cost around 10-15K.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back