CtP flexo research

CtP flexo research

• Total voters

Magnet

Hello,

Im doing research for CtP flexo machines.
My company makes flexo clichés and mountings,
this for folding cartons and corrugated cartons. (only big formats)

This are the producents I know:
- EskoArtwork
- Kodak
- Screen
- Stork (spgprints)

Machines I find intresting:
Esko: CDI Spark 5080; CDI Advance Cantilever 1450; CDI Advance Cantilever 1750
Kodak: Thermoflex Wide I F-speed; Thermoflex Wide I V-speed; Thermoflex Wide II V-speed
Screen: Platerite FX 1524
Stork: Agrios; Agrios M, Morpheus 6212; Morpheus 6213

Question:
Could everybody give his opinion? Which machine would you chose? Why, advanteges, experiences, disadvantages, ...

My opinion:
Esko in my eyes looks the most professional. If you buy such a machine it's possible to expand within Esko, because they have a wide range of products. Thinking about all the software, inline main exposure, KongsBerg cutting tabel, ... . It's hard to get very specific information, flexo is a small world.

In advance thanks! :)

My opinion:

If money is not a problem for your company go with the Esko. (Believe me, you need too much money)
Kodak WideII is great machine but limited software support for flexo, stay away from Wide I.

We are using an Esko CTP. It is a very reliable, low maintenance piece of equipment. I never used the others you mentioned. The Esko workflow is very well adapted to flexo.

Thanks!
Luc St-Pierre at your company you have expansion on the imager?
Because it is for example possible to have: inline head exposure, inline back exposure, KongsBerg cutting tabel, ...
Yes Esko will be expensive... Butt the problem with Kodak is the restriction of expansion.
You buy the machine and it will stay like that. Esko has a better integration in a workflow.

What intrest me the most is the on drum head exposure. No influence of air in the vacuüm.
There is another technology i think is very intresting. Direct Laser Engraving (DLE) from Stork.
But in Europe stork isn't very known.

Greets

I would definitely stay away from the Thermoflex. The last company I came from had two, a narrow and a mid. From an operator standpoint, very frustrating to use and the service tech was constantly in the shop working on them. Several of the management who were in on the purchase have expressed regret and I know if they had to do it over they would not be going with Kodak.

I believe you. We have a old Kodak CtP machine in action.
It isn't reliable, butt I thought it maybe was better these days. :p
Thanks for the reaction.

greets

Thermoflex Wide II definitely different from Mid and Narrow series. Please don't compare them.
Electronic, mechanic and all parts of system totally different.

Just as a point of clarification, we also have the "Flexcel NX" unit, which is quite unique compared to the traditional LAMS-type flexo CTP (Laser Ablative Mask System... which is the normal Esko / Thermoflex / etc. type device). See here for info - KODAK FLEXCEL NX Digital Flexographic System - Kodak Graphic Communications Group

Lastly, we just announced we'll be showing the new Flexcel Direct machine at IPEX - direct laser engraving, so no processing needed after imaging. Kodak Unveils New Solutions for Packaging Professionals at Ipex - Kodak Graphic Communications Group

Both systems offer quite differentiated value versus the standard flexo devices you mentioned, but it depends on your business needs.

Kevin.

We are using an Esko CTP. It is a very reliable, low maintenance piece of equipment. I never used the others you mentioned. The Esko workflow is very well adapted to flexo.

Ditto. Used a Sparc CDI for a few years in my past life. Decent plate-setter. Service was good, too (in the NE at least).

- Mac

Hello,

im looking for some information about flexo for newspaper and im interested in NAPPflex CTP. I read it can image 120-150 plates for hour but i cant find anything about processing this plates after image. How long its take to prepare this plate for printing (especially dry)?
Is there any other CtP system for newspaper flexo?

Best Regards,

How about run length?

How about run length?

Will u please kindly explain the quality and run length of NX plates when compared with conventional and esko plates? How about plates from SRX Systems?

I believe that today the Esko´s CTP with HD it´s the better option.
When we work HD 4000dpi and HD screenings together with MacDermid´s LUX, we can reach excellent results, nearest gravure quality, with an explosion in reproduction gamut, a high contrast and awesome fade to substrate vignettes.
All with a lower cost, compared with other flat top dot systems.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back