CtP Prosetter74 Major Problem

karish552

Please help!
We have a CtP Prosetter 74 30mW Laser, it has been working fine and we were happy with it's performance. Suddenly the machine won't boot up. Upon switching it on it starts the bootup process but then keeps giving an error code '3307:Safety Loop Check Failed'!
We've checked all the switches, all the covers, traced the wires to ensure no broken circuits but still same error!
We asked for assistance from Heidelberg Mauritius and were told we needed to replace the back plane and/or power supply. We bought new ones and replaced them but still get the same error. It's almost a month and a half and our machine still doesn't work!!!!
Anyone ever had a similar problem please help!!!

Quick thought...

Quick thought...

After replacing the parts you're still having the same problems... it's supposed to get 2.5V to the interlocks, have you confirmed that the voltage is getting to that point? It may be that the sensor itself might have failed. We haven't had any problems like that, however we've had to replace the drum motor twice now.

It just seems to me that if the major parts have been replaced, barring a DOA part, which isn't completely out of the question, it should be something that hasn't changed, and you said you checked the wiring for breaks, so that leads me to the sensors themselves or a wire junction along the way. Something's causing the circuit to break or the voltage to degrade.

Wish I had a definitive answer, but that's the best I got at the moment.

After replacing the parts you're still having the same problems... it's supposed to get 2.5V to the interlocks, have you confirmed that the voltage is getting to that point? It may be that the sensor itself might have failed. We haven't had any problems like that, however we've had to replace the drum motor twice now.

It just seems to me that if the major parts have been replaced, barring a DOA part, which isn't completely out of the question, it should be something that hasn't changed, and you said you checked the wiring for breaks, so that leads me to the sensors themselves or a wire junction along the way. Something's causing the circuit to break or the voltage to degrade.

Wish I had a definitive answer, but that's the best I got at the moment.

Thank you kydruid, for the input. We are checking out your suggestions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back