CW6 Keeps printing in colour, grayscale not overriding?

pippip

Quick query - got a new windows laptop (only used for accounts and basic printouts) set up printer to hold queue loaded Xerox driver.

All work fine only I can't get CW6 (run seperately on external rip) to override the colour setting and print grayscale. Works fine from my laptop.
In job parameters I can select grayscale but when it prints and in the preview window (after process and hold) it's in colour, still has grayscale selected in the parameters?

Assuming it's the driver but just really curious how CW can't override it. Registers as colour click on the machine btw.

so 2 versions of command workstation are loaded one allows you to convert to greyscale and registers a black click. One version will register a color click on the same printer. What happens when the black click version now in the printed tab is reprinted from the one that doesn't change to black?

Last edited:
No, one command workstation on rip. We print jobs from two computers to the rip hold queue. I haven't tested too much, at the moment it's Microsoft word files. I've just never seen or heard of a case where the command workstation can't override the colour to print in grayscale.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back