Xerox 242 Fiery OffendingCommand SetOutputProfile

onwsk8r

Sounds serious right? It is. I can't print - just make copies. A quick googling got me some lady using the wrong driver for her 3220.

We bought the machine at an auction for a company that went out of business. External fiery (EXP-260?), OHCF, Saddle finisher. 6 toners. $850. Shift yeah.

The Fiery was having some serious issues when we got it, so I reinstalled the software. Software DVD, a patch CD, user software CD.

Imported a TIFF (CWS4), set the specs, hit print, and it went into the printed queue with the dreaded red triangle. OffendingCommand SetOutputProfile. S of a B. Well let's try a PDF. Same story. Maybe just print using the windows driver. Nope. We have another 242 and it works fine, so what else to look at?
Okay, CWS4 sucked. There I said it. We all knew that already. It's a system 8 (not r2) so I upgraded to 5.3, which EFI says is cool. Surely this will fix it.
No such luck. Tried changing the output profile, no dice.

I'm going to post this same thread in copytechnet, so blow those fools out of the water and help me fix it before they even see the thread.

Thanks in advance,

onwsk8r

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back