Dahlgren damping and Perfection on a Planeta Super Variant

Laxmi Kant Kuthiala

How effective is a Dahlgren refit on a Super Variant? I have an offer on a Super Variant that is comming at a real bargain price. Also how good is the Perfector on this machine?
I need a machine to do 1+1.

Dear Heidelberg Guy
I have 2 questions:
1. How easy is it to run and maintain a Dahlgren System? I am in India and only an odd machine has Dahlgren. Alcolour is the norm, so would I have maintainence problems with it? Will Dahlgren maintenance be similar to alcolour maintainence?
2. I have another offer from a Polish dealer. How good are used machines from Poland? I know that it depends from machine to machine, but generally what would you expect from Polish Used Offset Presses?
Regards
Laxmi Kant Kuthiala

Last edited:
Rjlitho

Rjlitho

I have worked with Dalgrens for a long time and it is a superior dampening system over the heidi alcolor . Be carful with a older Planeta you could be in for a world of hurt .
RJ

I have worked with Dalgrens for a long time and it is a superior dampening system over the heidi alcolor . Be carful with a older Planeta you could be in for a world of hurt .
RJ

Agreed, however the newer Heidelbergs (XL Series) have the Hycolor, which has a simular skewing function, but runs far better than anything out in the market IMO.

re Dahlgren Dampening System

re Dahlgren Dampening System

Hello Laxmi

Some answers re Dahlgren Dampening

2 PDFs

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• Dahlgren Dampening System.pdf
    30 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Dahlgren # 2282.pdf
    971.4 KB · Views: 191
Rjlitho

Rjlitho

Abbsolutly the xl has got it right to but it taken heidelberg so long to catch up .Dont get me wrong alcolor works but when you have run a skewed system for many years and you go to the alcolor there is a fair difference.

RJ

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back