Database printing software

Robert1975

Hi guys,
I'm working in card manufacturing industry, so i'm printing on A4 pvc sheets.
I'm trying to find a software which can do the followings:
- arrange on A4 format 10 layouts (2 rows x 5 standard cards size). The layouts can be the same or can be different
- to be able to print layouts at minimum 600 dpi resolution
- and the most important to be able to read database. so i will be able that in printing process also to personalize (names, card numbers or generate bar codes).
Anyone have a solution or idea?
thank you very much for your support.

Jet Letter's PSL PageBuilder will do everything you mentioned.

It has the ability to impose output in either a predefined layout or that layout can be data driven. There is a great deal of flexibility in your layouts in that bleeds, chop cuts and even Dutch Cut layouts can be accommodated.

Resolution is a function of the image file.

PSL PageBuilder is first and foremost a variable data printing solution that can certainly deliver personalized names, generate random numbers as well as create any type of bar code natively. Using native bar codes instead of bar code fonts eliminates the possibility of the bar code being truncated.

PSL PageBuilder is available from entry level to enterprise. It is a very affordable solution. 30 day fully functional evaluation copies are available at no charge.

PSL - Jet Letter- Variable Data Printing Software for more information.

Ok.thank you for support.
If anyone else doesn't have other solution i will check more details about PSL PageBuilder.
Honestly i was expecting to find about an add-on at Corel or Illustrator kind of programs.

Robert,

I know that InDesign has a merge feature. I have no idea how it would handle your imposition needs nor how it deals with bar codes. There are other limitations but certainly it is bargin basement priced.

If there is no/little budget, then OpenOffice/LibreOffice or MS Word or MS Access may suffice.

FileMaker would also be an option.

As would Adobe InDesign.

The above solutions may be able to step/repeat or layout as desired, or you may need PDF imposition software (again there are options for all budgets when it comes to PDF imposition).

Then there are the more expensive options that are dedicated to variable data that may handle merging data, layout/imposition and barcode creation.

Depending on the barcode, a barcode font may be all you need. I would always recommend that you test that the final printed results from a barcode font (or any barcode for that matter) with the actual scanner/software that will be used to ensure that it passes - otherwise you may need a more robust solution that has BWR options (bar width reduction).

There are so many options and solutions, it all depends on your budget, productivity considerations etc.

Stephen Marsh

SmartVizor variable data printing software from UCCSOFT may be you need, This variable data publishing software only $295.00 and it is easy to use and powerfull. you can download a trail version from SmartVizor Variable data Printing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back