DC 5252 v. DC 2045/2060

GusG

Hi,
I know that the Xerox DC 5252 came after the DC 2045/2060 and was advertised as faster than the 2045 (slower than the 2060 obviously). My question is whether or not there were any other differences than the speed, did the 5252 have any improvements over the 2045/2060 at all?

I've often wondered what the difference is between the 2045/2060 and 5252 apart from a little speed of course. Moving this on a bit (sorry for hijacking the thread), I currently have a 5252 which may soon be changed to a 6060. Does the 6060 have any major improvements over my current 5252?

That's what I was suspecting. I wonder why they made the 5252 then, same strategising as replacing the DC240/250 with the almost identical 242/252?

There were probably marketing differences at the time (price, click rates, promotions, etc).

technically there may have been differences in new software releases including patches, fixes, new features and support.

Does the 6060 have any major improvements over my current 5252?

I'm pretty sure there were some technical (hw + sw) differences and improvements between the DocuColor 6060 and DocuColor 5252. I just remember there's something better about the corotron wires in the DocuColor 6060.

I'm pretty sure there were some technical (hw + sw) differences and improvements between the DocuColor 6060 and DocuColor 5252. I just remember there's something better about the corotron wires in the DocuColor 6060.

Many thanks

Moving this on a bit (sorry for hijacking the thread), I currently have a 5252 which may soon be changed to a 6060. Does the 6060 have any major improvements over my current 5252?

No worries about hijacking, I think I got my answer.

I don't know so much about the 6060 but I do know, from experience, that a 6060 drum does not fit in a 2060 (probably something to do with the corotron modification mentioned by X33), neither does the fuser web assy fit which would indicate modifications in the fuser.

No worries about hijacking, I think I got my answer.

I don't know so much about the 6060 but I do know, from experience, that a 6060 drum does not fit in a 2060 (probably something to do with the corotron modification mentioned by X33), neither does the fuser web assy fit which would indicate modifications in the fuser.

Many thanks. Good to hear there may be fuser modifications as I have had many problems recently with the fuser cleaning web on my 5252 getting wrapped up in the fuser roller.

2060 vs 5252: hardware wise same crap, 5252 had some minor software changes regarding NVM values, and RIP software should be more stable. And there was an option for an "improved" drum unit whose corotrons can be cleaned on the fly, but never make in on the market sucessfully.

2060, 5252 vs 6060: drums improved, corotrons can be cleaned on the fly and also replaced without any difficulties. Fuser unit improved software wise and hardware wise (cleaning web - replacement much easier and more stable - cannot get wrapped to fuser roll)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back