DC250 pauses

easiprint

Hi,

My DC250 has started to pause for about 5 seconds after every 5th sheet SRA3. I am not using complicated files, just basic compliment slips, so mainly text based. It never used to do this. It can make the printing quite slow going. Does anyone know if this could be a problem with the fiery, the DC250 or my network. I want to have it looked into, but would like peoples opinions on where the fault may lie before I get my dealer involved...

Thanks

Simon

Are you printing one file with one page lets say 200 times? Or multi page file?
If 1st then it would not be the fiery.
What exactly your machine is doing? Prints and after the fifth page it starts to "rotates" with message printing and after lets say 30 secs or more it again starts to print and then so on.
If this is the issue then there is a problem with development. I'll explain it to you in short.
Between some of the sheets you see printed, on the IBT ( you don't see those) the engine place patches of the four colors with certain density it measure them and if there are out of range it interrupts the print process and starts to pump up or down toner or voltages to make every print looks the same. Thats it in short.
May be one of drums are gone bad. You can try replacing the Drums one by one, NOT all of them together. Change one then try print no improvment swap the next with the first one that you took out ( because obviously it was not bad) and so on. If there is no improvment after that then you need to call a tech he/she :) will check and will see whats wrong.
If you are using mulit page file and it stops on exact pages every time. then may be you have problem with Fiery or something "inside" the machine. Again tech is needed.
Hope this helps.
Best.

Many thanks for your help. It is 250 copies of the same 1 page file. What you say makes sense as it only does it on colour jobs, not black only ones. I will swap some drums and see what happens.

Thanks again for your help

Simon

Probably the machine is stopping due to incorrect paper type selected in driver. For example we often try to print on 200gsm but put through as Heavyweight 1 to make printing faster, problem is if fuser cools because machine is running faster than it should it pauses to heat fuser back-up to running speed.

Does anyone know if this could be a problem with the fiery, the DC250 or my network.

try making the same job in COPY mode. If it happens, there's something wrong with the engine; if not, there's something wrong with your workflow (Fiery, job, workstation, etc).

This use to be an issue on the DC 460 family when sending a big job. The problem is not with the machine rather with the Fiery trying to "catch up" in the ripping/printing proccess. I would first look and see what version of software your Fiery is at(v1.01/1.1), RoHS or nonRoHS. Finally I would go and make sure all the patches for the Fiery version you have have been applied. Print off a configuration sheet and post here when you can.

It was a B&W printer that had a built in rip and had an issue, until a fix came out, that it would print 7 pages and cycle then print 7 more and cycle...etc. until the file was finished. Had to do with the rip software on the bustled controller. That's why I wanted to know the configuration data and if the patches had been updated.

Thanks all for your help. I think I have now resolved this issue by changing the Magenta drum as recommended by kalindd - thanks! It was the oldest of the drums, and by changing it the print speed seems to be back to normal, so fingers crossed. Never even considered that an old drum could cause this!

I am very careful about paper settings so don't think it was fuser related. In the past I have tried to get it to duplex on some coated stock by selecting heavyweight 1. Printed fine for the first few while I was watching. Went off for a cuppa, came back to a full tray of flaking toner as I had not used the coated setting, so I avoid that now!

Thanks again

Simon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back