Death to my Old Mac a saurus

As the 27" iMac has been discontinued, we replaced an old one with a Mac Mini M2 Pro paired with a 28" Samsung and a 24" Dell monitor. It's a great little machine. If you need 16:10 screens, you could use the Dell 30". IMO the Apple displays are overpriced which is why we didn't go that way.

Wow! I had no idea they discontinued the 27" imacs, what the hell?! I am researching an upgrade as next year our fleet of macs will be fully depreciated...looks like they only sell 24" versions now? What a letdown.

Any reason you all seem to be going mac mini instead of mac studio?

Wow! I had no idea they discontinued the 27" imacs, what the hell?! I am researching an upgrade as next year our fleet of macs will be fully depreciated...looks like they only sell 24" versions now? What a letdown.

Any reason you all seem to be going mac mini instead of mac studio?
Apple Studio Display is $1600, is a good monitor if you need it to be "Apple" or you can get a Dell UltraSharp for probably half the price. Combine that with your box of choice and you don't need an iMac.

Instead of buying a iMac 5k's in the future I'd probably just nab an M2 Mac Mini instead of a $3000+ machine.

I also first thought it's a letdown when they discontinued 27" iMac (used them since 2011). But then I quickly realized that replacing iMac with Mac Studio + 4K 27" monitor is a much better setup anyway.

I only see advantages and wouldn't want to go back to an all-in-one iMac (if they ever release it again).

Some of advantages:

-Choice of affordable 4K monitors of various sizes (the difference between 4K and 5K is indistinguishable under normal viewing conditions, at least not to my eye).
-Non-iMac monitors have this astonishing ultra-modern sci-fi innovation: adjustable height. (Yes, I know that newer iMacs supported VESA mount but my 2017 did not).
-Overall cheaper combo than iMac.
-When there's time to replace your Mac, you keep the monitor.
-Carrying 27" iMac for repairs/checkup is a total hassle and pain (had to do it several times). As opposite to just handling the tiny Mac Studio (if ever needed).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back