Define Page Boxes

david.young

In a way older version of PitStop, v7, was a global Action "Define Page Boxes", there was a nifty dialog that let you enter the dimensions you wanted for a specific page box.
Now in v13 I don't see this action any more. Is this hidden somewhere or renamed?

abc will be around eventually, david.young … or you could shuttle off an email to enfocus support address. as evidenced by abc's post:
http://printplanet.com/forum/prepress-and-workflow/enfocus/252099-remove-printer-marks-action?p=252115#post252115

s'been a while since playing around with pitstop … and have no way of replicating your exact dilemna, since i do not have your exact intent, your file and also do not have a copy of pitstop-v7. but, judging from my pitstop-11 … sounds like either the "resize-media" or "scale-to-fit" action-conditioners … depending on, of course, what your end results need to be. based upon a 6x9" origination, brought down to 3x4.5" … the media-option would engage a "crop" … while the scale-option resizes the complete page. this can be further evidenced by "placing the new page into indesign.

further control can be offered/tweaked using pitstop's inspector (position/edit-boxes) as well as acrobat's crop-feature (view/tools/pages).

Screen shot 2016-03-18 at 2.05.49 PM.png.jpg Screen shot 2016-03-18 at 2.05.10 PM.png.jpg Screen shot 2016-03-18 at 2.05.37 PM.png.jpg

I had a chat with the older members of the team and whilst nobody can remember exactly which feature replaced that option, as Pnamajack said there are quite a few other ways to manipulate page boxes before.
Personally I would use the options in the Inspector, don't forget to look at the options under the 'Action' menu dropdown, there are a few gems in there like set boxes to the Trim Marks and using other page boxes as a reference, not forgetting applying the new boxes across the whole document.

The one in Inspector is the bomb. And that is the one that resembles the old Pitstop 7 method of changing page boxes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back