Delamination issues

KazeJin

Hi, i am currently using a Xerox Docucolor 5000 to do digital prints.

After lamination, one of the job finishing which requires the printed material to be folded along the same line both ways caused delamination. ( bubbles of air apparently formed along the folded line)

I have asked around and apparently a thin layer of oil on the substrate formed by the fuser oil is the cause.

A possible idea is to experiment with different types of laminating film/ laminating machine. Has anybody here tried this successfully?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, i am currently using a Xerox Docucolor 5000 to do digital prints.

After lamination, one of the job finishing which requires the printed material to be folded along the same line both ways caused delamination. ( bubbles of air apparently formed along the folded line)

I have asked around and apparently a thin layer of oil on the substrate formed by the fuser oil is the cause.

A possible idea is to experiment with different types of laminating film/ laminating machine. Has anybody here tried this successfully?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Don't get me started on laminating prints from the 5000!!

We have had hells trouble trying to find someone who could successfully laminate the sheets printed on our 5000.

Normal litho laminating just DO NOT WORK!!

Thankfully we have now found someone who can do this for us using laminating film made for digital printing.

I don't know the name/make of the film but could find out for you if you wanted?

Let me know.

Just do a search (make sure you include the finishing forum), there's a ton of information on this topic.

Sometimes its a mix of machine and film for toner systems like Xerox and Konica Minolta. There are grades of thermal films that need a specific heat range at the nip to meld with the toner. If all else fails there is also an ultra stick material which adheres even at low tempetures. If you need more info on films for Xerox or machines just give Jimm Grimm a ring at Graphica Technologies USA LLC. Laminators & film from GRAPHICA TECHNOLOGIES. He is an old hand at these problems.

D&K SuperStick

D&K SuperStick

This lam solved all of our delamination problems - we have iGens. Not sure if it will work as well on 5000 prints, but I would give it a try.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back