Delta RIP

Delta Rip

Delta Rip

I assume that you asking if the Delta can import 1 bit TIFF files from some other system and then image them to the local device - in sort of a TIFF Shooter mode?

The answer to this question is " Kind Of "!
The Delta has a very limited capability to take in 1 bit TIFF. It does not support compression so the files have to be uncompressed, and it has a limit to the overall size. It has been a while since I've worked with this so I am not sure of the exact details.

The best thing to do is to run a test - just make sure the system sending you the TIFF files are able to make uncompressed ones.

Most people will end up suggesting that you simply get a TIFF Shooter interface for your device, there may even be a way to hook both it and your Delta depending on the device.

------

If on the other hand your question is can you export 1 bit TIFF from your Delta to output on another device - now we can really help! Our TIFFITFLOW can drive 1 bit data with hybrid and regular screening from the Delta.

David Lewis
Software Solutions by Lucid Dream Software, Inc

Hi david, is the delta rip compatible with the heidelberg topsetter 74 . I cant seem to find any info on the delta rip and workflow. I need to import to my print manager. I am not sure if this rip can generate the tiff i need..

Last edited:
Hi david, is the delta rip compatible with the heidelberg topsetter 74 . I cant seem to find any info on the delta rip and workflow. I need to import to my print manager. I am not sure if this rip can generate the tiff i need..
Hi David,

if you got a HD Print Manager (1bit-TIFF shooter) for your Topsetter 74, then you are basically free in choosing a suitable RIP software. I would recommend StudioRIP XF 4.2 Standard Edition a comfortable, easy-to-learn and value-for-money Win10 based client/server RIP solution.

Best regards
Martin

Thanks Martin for the info. Yes I have the print manager . I found a second hand studio rip version 3.9. would this work ?

Hi Vance,

yes it would work. You can install the Topsetter as a Screen PT-R 4300E but without using the StudioRIPs own PrintManager. Then StudioRIP just produces 1bit Tiff files in a location of your choice. This location must be the one where your print manager can grab the Tiffs for the Topsetter.
I hope this helps you.

Hi Vance,

I have to correct myself, you can install your platesetter as a Topsetter 74. that´s better.
Here are screenshots attached for better understanding.
Topsetter 74.jpg

Attachments

• Topsetter 74-Location for 1bitTIFF folder.JPG
    Topsetter 74-Location for 1bitTIFF folder.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 181

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back