Densiotomete for CTP

Visar

Hi,

I am planing to buy a densiotometer for ctcp. Any suggestions and why?

Thank you in advance,

If you need a plate densitometer let me know. I have an x-rite ccdot I will sell. I have two

Hi,

I am planing to buy a densiotometer for ctcp. Any suggestions and why?

Thank you in advance,

Hi, not sure if you aware that CCDot was purchased from Centurfax (the original developers) way back in the early 2000's.

So you can purchase a CCDot or indeed an Xrite version of the CCDot - I "think" they kept manufacturing going for another 3 years - so perhaps up to around 2005 - so any of these devices that are still out in the market are at least 7 years or thereabouts old - unless they have been re-calibrated/certified or updated for new plate types I would certainly not rely on them for my QC - where a small investment can save $$$$$$ in wrongly printed work.

I would recommend a new device and these can range from £500 upwards (for the microDot - the latest dotmeter from Centurfax) up to $1000+ for an ICplate (I guesstimate... there must be an IC plate dealer on this forum somewhere to put the correct $number up).

Just to let you know we (Centurfax) do have a N.American distributor now for microDot and easyDot (Android version)... not sure if I can use this site to tell you any more details - perhaps Admin can advise please. Thanks and regards Bob Leslie, Centurfax Customised Dotmeters (CCDotmeter)

I know that gordo knows us from the past - hi gordo

My intent with this post was not to advocate the use of a densitometer to measure CtP plates - it was to explain how to do it properly if one is going to try doing so, perhaps in anticipation of comparing the results with a dedicated dot reader. I first saw densitometers used to measure CtP plates at the Heidelberg demo and print educational facility in Kennesaw Georgia. They were happy with the results compared with a dedicated plate reader. Some shops will get a reference plate measured by their plate vendor then use that information to calibrate their densitometer.
Heck, I've even calibrated a flatbed scanner to read CtP plates. Is a a flatbed scanner a practical plate reader? No. Can it work? Yup.

best, gordo

Last edited:
does that ccdotmeter android app seriously work? anyway, intested in the ccdotmeter, has anyone had experience with these? our xrite ccdot has died so we need to replace it, the ccdotmeter is far cheaper than the xrite for some reason.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back