Devotec 20 help

Hello,
We are using a Devotec 20 film processor and have recently (yesterday) gotten what we believe to be an error light, however, we have misplaced the manual so we cannot look it up, nor can we find a manual online.

Here is the problem:
Above the "DEV" and "FIX" buttons there are 3 "reservoir" lights
The one in the middle stays on constantly as well as the Power logo to the upper right of it (directly above "FIX")

Can someone with this processor look it up and let me know what this means?
It seems to still run fine as we have tested a couple runs of film and all has come through like normal.

Thank you for your help.
Prepress@BIP

If I remeber well and I am not wrong: looks like the sensor for dev or fix is borken. Didn't you notice that the fill up pump is never stopping? SO the machine is working but you waste a lot of solution.

florin

no i think it is just the sensor has gone bad, but it doesnt run continually. the light indicates that the replenishment buckets are empty, but it runs like normal

also normal solution usage

Last edited:
then it might be the temp sensor

then it might be the temp sensor

OK,

I will look for the service manual to see if it is then not the heater sensor indicator. When it is blinking there these 2 options: either the temp or the fill up volume are not met.

Check with a thermometer if the heaters are ok ( for instance force up to 40 celsius degrees the setup for heaters so that you won't be fooled by the room temperature.
If it is the fixer heater then th emachine works as normaly as the room temperature compensates pretty well. You might have 25 Cesius because of this instead of normally 30-32. The film will have a slightly white shade but can be used.

Where are you lacated?

florin

richmond, VA

and the film is the same color as normal, like i said, everything is just as it always has been. that light is just on now

thank you for your help!

Devotec 20 help

I am using an older model Devotec 20 film developer. Everything is working, BUT, today the temperature of the developer solution is zooming up to 111-112-113 degrees regardless of where the knob is set on the temperature control. It's like it has a mind of its own.

Could someone please tell me what they think could be the problem here?

Thank you for your time and help.

David

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back