did anyone using ilumina 502 digital production press

Damfino, thanks for the tips, i really appreciate that.
one more question, where can i get the toner and chips that cheap?
what's 15(M)?

Damfino, thanks for the tips, i really appreciate that.
one more question, where can i get the toner and chips that cheap?
what's 15(M)?

I think he means 15K, which would be 15.000. So everywhere he writes an M, read a K (for thousand).

And in the US 15.000 is 15,000 (I remember that from German class).

Just to add a few more thoughts. A company called Xitron made a version of the machine as well.

I can't stress enough how expensive all these versions are. Ideally I wouldn't use them for anything over 500 or 1,000 envelopes max per design...maybe a bit more for full color.

You really need to make sure your customers are ok with you printing envelopes on a toner device. Envelopes and letterhead should almost always be printed on offset. Your customer needs to realize that they won't be able to rerun then through a laser printer to add the addresses. Forget windows.

Yes I have been using the OKi version of this machine (c9800)for the last 5 years. It prints well but a few pointers to be aware of. The toner cartridges are very expensive (approx £900 per rainbow set) and I have never sorted the fact that my machine prints a fraction out of square. The OKi press recommends no thicker stock than 280 gsm although I have ran thicker. I have duplicated as well which is useful on paper products.

Hi, I just read your previous post on: "I found a few companies that sell the drums but the price is not much diff. then Xante. However, there are special fuses you can purchase that will reset both the drums and belt. That will give you double the use. So if you are of the mind you can cut your Xante consumable costs in 1/2."
Could you let me know where you would purchase the special fuses? My ilumina has been displaying Drum life near end for a couple weeks and when I replaced the Y drum with a new Y drum the image was terrible and not solid at all. The Y drum that I had to replace was printing images beautifully even though the machine displayed life near end. The ilumina has also been displaying the same message concerning the C drum for a few weeks and now I am getting that displayed message for the M drum.

Once you replaced the drum with a new one, the counter will go back to 100%. Even if you replace the new drum again with the old drum, the counter will remain at 100% (or less depending on use), en so you can get more out of your 'old' drum if wanted.

To reset the counter without buying a new drum you need to buy special fuses.
I bought them once at this website in australia. Takes about two weeks max. to arrive. The fuses work well, just be sure to follow the easy to understand directions that come with them.

Xante ILUMINA 502 Imaging Drum Reset Kit

They also sell a reset kit for the transfer belt:

Xante ILUMINA 502 Transfer Belt Reset Kit

They also sell the same kits for the older Xante 427, even though i think they are exactly the same fuses.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back