Difference between DC240/2 and DC250/2

GusG

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out the difference between Xerox DC240/DC250 and the DC242/DC252. Is it just a slight cosmetic upgrade or are there more fundamental things that influence print quality, reliability etc?

If this has been covered before I can't find the thread, please point me to it.

Thanks in advance

hi

Here is the link of complete information about the Features of the DC240/DC250:-

xerox.com/downloads/usa/en/f/FILE_PROD_DC240_250_brochure.pdf

Now here is the another link for complete information about the features of the DC242/DC252:-

office.xerox.com/latest/D60SS-01.PDF

If you want any further info plz feel free to ask
Thank You.

Thanks for the links, I've looked through the brochures and I can't really find any difference between the 240/242, 250/252. What am I missing.

If one were to buy a used one of these, what would the advantage be of getting the later generation? Are they more dependable?

the difference is firmware/software versions.

No new patches, upgrades, releases are being developed for the DC240/250 including the RIPS. So, if you have a problem with Windows Vista or MAC OS X.x or something more specific like printing files from Adobe CS3, it is what it is.

If you have a DC242/252/260, you can report the problem and it will probably get a patch.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back