Difference between Heidelberg SM 52 and Roland 300 press?

devriesjeroen

Hello there, I don't know anything about press machines, so I hope one of you can help me. My father has a press-shop and he has the following questions:
(a) If a person has experience with a Roland 300 press machine, is that person able to use a Heidelberg SM52 press machine as well?
(b) Would one need a lot of experience to handle and use both machines?
(c) Where can one follow a course to use the Heidelberg SM 52?
(d) What are the specific differences between the Roland 300 and the Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 machine?

I Really hope someone can help me! Thanks a bunch in advance.

Afternoon

An experienced sheetfed press operator would be able to adapt to either model with some training in control layout and machine function

post your question here - Ask the Experts you may get a more detailed reply

Dear Jeroen,

The size and way of working is different, if you want we can discus this over the Phone (in Dutch) simply call Tetterode Almere and ask for me (press instructor Tetterode)

the biggest difference between a 52 and a 300 is one is a 20 inch press and on is a 29 inch half size

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back