Difference between "Print to Demand" and "Print to Order"

zephyr

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any difference between "Print on Demand" and "Print to Order". I have conducted online searches, but Wikipedia maintains that both these are one and the same thing. Certain other sources such as Lightening Source has a "Print to Order" service, with no mention of "Print on Demand".

Or is it that "Print to order" is an extension of "Print on Demand"?

Please let me know your views.

Thanks in advance.

My opinion is if I put up a sign outside my shop that we "Print to Order" that means we will customize the print order to meet the customers specifications. "Print to Demand" or "Print on Demand" means that I will print as required to meet customers expectations of delivery. I don't think "Print to Order" implies delivery expectations.

Maybe a bit facetious to say so - so sorry in advance - but if printers themselves, let alone their clients, can't even understand what each others' marketing jargon means, could it really be useful to one's marketing?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back