Different workflow systems

Joren

Hi all,

At the moment we are working with an Esko nexus workflow system here in our prepress. We have a nexusprocessor and a nexus rip system. Now we are facing a change towards Esko automation engine for the nexus processor part and later the rip will be also changed probably to the future Esko imagine engine.

Now we are thinking maybe about some alternative for Esko Automation engine or Nexus. My question is does anybody have experience with other workflow systems (FFEI, Fuji...)? Does it have the same functionality as nexus?

Kind regards

Joren

Workflow

Workflow

The workflow you choose and its functionality would be specific to your requirements. For example many Nexus users are in packaging and need a system that will work seamlessly with something like artpro.

What functions/features are you looking for? What work do you need to flow?
This would significantly shape the advice people can give and filter your decision.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for your reply.

We are working in packaging (Folding carton). Our prepress indeed also uses the Esko artpro software.

I am working on the IT side of the prepress. I install and maintain the servers, imacs, software... So my knowlegde in prepress terms itself is not that high. I just want to know if there are any good alternatives for the Esko software?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back