Digital bindery

Looking to purchase a new paper cuter for my Digital Bindery group anyone have experience with Prism & Saber cutters? I'm being told Saber is a workhorse will last longer and provide more precise cuts.

We have 2 of the Saber 116 and couldn't be happier. Very accurate, and thus far (3 years, 2 years) very dependable. I bought reconditioned from Bruce Peterson at Colter Peterson. They are the importer of the machine and the owners of Microcut which is the computer system used on the Sabers.

We had 3 Sabers at my last shop. It was a web shop, they ran them all day and 1 was run second shift 5 days a week. The operators all liked them. In the 2 years I never saw a major issue. I'm not sure of which model was being used.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back