Digital Newsletter Production Advise

glatts

My company publishes monthly newsletters and I wanted to solicit some expert advise regarding our production process.

We have been printing newsletters in-house for a little over 5 years. We currently run a KM c6500 and a c7000, both with in-line saddle stich finishers. They are getting old and our service contract is about to expire, so I thought I would explore new options.

We currently print about 100,000-150,000 impressions per month on 11x17 paper for +/- 12 page newsletters with an average run size of 600 newsletters. Our clicks are roughly 1/2 color and 1/2 black and white. We print on 24# paper as well as glossy.

Speed, efficiency and cost are more important than quality. All of our monthly production takes place in a 10 day stretch so we need a machine that can handle long periods of sitting idol followed by intense production.

I have been fairly satisfied with the KMs, but there seems to be a lot of downtime. I think we are overworking the finishers. I am considering buying another c7000 with an SD-506 or similar finisher. However, we are growing and maybe a stand alone finisher would we better.

Any advise on machines, finishers or our overall process would be greatly appreciated.

If you were to get a Ricoh machine you could get a Plockmatic booklet maker and I think those are awawesome :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back