Digital Production machine Advise

Tamer

Hi folks !
Were currently looking to buy a new production printer , main purpose to switch small jobs that are printed on offset now to digital. like flyers, posters , B. Cards .
main issues were worried about:

- handling heavy textured stocks 350 gsm.
- Registration accuracy on both sides of paper ( as we currently print on Konika bizhub C364 office machine ) and there no accuracy with registration on front and back side of the paper .
- Imaging Quality.

Machines were considering:
1. Ricoh pro C5200S
2. Konika C3070
3. Xerox Versant 80

Would really appreciate your Advice here ,

Thanks !

Not exactly sure why you are looking at the Newest rendition of the KM machine but going backwards with both the Xerox and Ricoh which both in my opinion out perform the KM. I recently (6 month ago or so) did a complete test run on all 3 NEW machines and both Ricoh and Xerox destroyed KM. I am not biased against KM since we have been running their gear for the last 6 years and it was great for us....just feels like the other two manufacturers have taken great steps forward but KM has not. You really should be looking at the New Versant 180 or 3100, the Ricoh 7110 or 9100 if you want a true comparison to the KM 3070 AccurioPress.

The heavy textured 350gsm stocks is going to be your big problem I think.

You'd want to be bringing the exact stock you use to the demos.

We have been running a Versant 2100 for a few years now and have been very very happy with it. Great registration, consistent colour and a great all around work horse. I do like the full width array and the way it keeps profiles for the different stocks you use. Calibrating alignment for each stock individually makes so much sense and gives me better registration then I have ever had digitally. It is rated for 350 GSM duplex, not sure I have ever run anything at 350 gsm but have printed on some 16pt stocks that are close and they all ran well with no issues.

How does the V180 and V3100 run textured and synthetic stocks? Like Crane Lettra A7 or Lee Baronial envelopes, Mohawk Superfine Eggshell, Mohawk Via Laid/Linen and Mohawk Premium Polyester? I can run these pretty well on our J75, but I usually have to do some test prints each time, adjust transfers and then proceed from there, and I can usually only do about 500 max sheets before the image starts to break up.

Not exactly sure why you are looking at the Newest rendition of the KM machine but going backwards with both the Xerox and Ricoh which both in my opinion out perform the KM. I recently (6 month ago or so) did a complete test run on all 3 NEW machines and both Ricoh and Xerox destroyed KM. I am not biased against KM since we have been running their gear for the last 6 years and it was great for us....just feels like the other two manufacturers have taken great steps forward but KM has not. You really should be looking at the New Versant 180 or 3100, the Ricoh 7110 or 9100 if you want a true comparison to the KM 3070 AccurioPress.

Thank you Manafaith !
- But what steps exactly are you referring to with two manufacturers has outtaken konika minolta ?
- Im comparing the accurio press 3070 to Riccoh C5200 because both in the same price range 25000 - 30000 USD . As 7110 is much more expensive !

Sorry, didn't realize that you were not in the states...the three machines I referenced from KM, Xerox and Ricoh are all roughly in the same class with about the same base engine price over here

Have you looked at Canon? We have a Versant 2100 and a C75. Our 2100 has never looked quite as good in the screening as our C75. Particularly the black has patterns and what I describe as dirty screening compared to our C75. Of course both look terrible compared to the offset press.

The other day though we received a printed sample from Canon off of their C10000VP, and the screening on it looked superior to our 2100 and C75. It was extremely smooth and very close to offset. I was drooling over it. We will definitely be giving them a look next year when it is time to replace our machine.

How does the V180 and V3100 run textured and synthetic stocks? Like Crane Lettra A7 or Lee Baronial envelopes, Mohawk Superfine Eggshell, Mohawk Via Laid/Linen and Mohawk Premium Polyester? I can run these pretty well on our J75, but I usually have to do some test prints each time, adjust transfers and then proceed from there, and I can usually only do about 500 max sheets before the image starts to break up.

In January, I traded in my C75 for a V180p and it was a huge improvement. When running laid stock on the C75, the toner would fuse fine but it wouldn't fill in all the nooks and crannies and looked broken up. Not on the V180. Looks nice and solid and does it at rated speed. I can't attest to the specific brands you mention but I just ran 10mil polyester (Nekoosa Synaps) and it ran great. I did use the Film setting and that seamed to have made the necessary voltage adjustments (I was printing a flood of blue). Just before I printed that, I ran some bumper stickers using Mohawk Removable Adhesive Vinyl and I had to adjust the voltage (again, a flood of solid color. Purple this time). I imagine the Film setting would of eliminated the need for playing with the voltage. But I guess it doesn't really matter because I now have a custom paper profile saved for the adhesive vinyl.

The new KM AccurioPress C3070/C3080 with the new IQ-501 is outstanding. It lays down great on textured stocks. The IQ-501 with in-line automated color and front to back registration is something you have to see.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back