DITR Film on trendsetter

H2O

Hello,
I am using a trendsetter 800 from 3 years. Now I want to try to expose Ditr film on the trendsetter.
I have tried once but the film didn't look very good. The coated side of the film didn't look clear enough. I have compared it with films exposed to Imagesetter.
Is it normal for this kind of film?
Has to create a new process template on prinergy regarding only to this film or just a simple template with film specification like I usually do with plates?
Are there specification how to use this film?

Are you setting this up on your own or with the help of Kodak?

Correctly exposed DITR thermal ablative film has a different density to traditional film (DITR is less dense). There are special exposure test patterns that the Kodak tech will be using and checking with a loupe or microscope, in addition to transmissive density.

Are you licensed to expose DITR on your Trendsetter? If not, results may not be satisfactory, the laser and other setup has to be done correctly.

Potential Trendsetter 400/800 users will need to make sure they have debris removal and venting to use the DITR.

All MCE and GMCE based electronics Trendsetter 400/800 devices are qualified for DITR. The best way to know what generation you have is to go by the serial number and contact your local Kodak dealer to see if you qualify.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back