DNS Problem when logging on to Apogee X

SIMON C

Anyone had this error (see attached), it's driving me nuts. I have restarted my Mac again and again, no luck, restarted in Safe Mode again and again, no luck. I have restarted Apogee again and again, no luck...

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.7 on an Intel iMac with 4gb of ram.

Any Ideas how to fix this anyone?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Attachments

• DNS PROBLEM.png
    DNS PROBLEM.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 214
Has the machine been working with Apogee before? What version of Apogee X? How are you connecting to your Apogee? Via name or IP#? Can you see the server when browsing?

Network issues are hard to trouble shoot without knowing your network setup. You could try adding the IP number of your Apogee Server in the DNS field in the Network settings.

Otherwise compare the network setings of your problem machine with other operator workstations…Â*you may find there is some difference.

what is the domain name and what is the apogee server name?

Let's say the Apogee Server name is "apogeeserver" and the domain name is "simonc.com"

Can you ping "apogeeserver" and get a response and an IP address?
can you ping "apogeeserver.simonc.com and get a response?

On your Mac, do you have any issues using the DNS name to connect to any other internal server using the DNS name (apogeeserver) or the FQDN (apogeeserver.simonc.com)?

Do you connect to any of your servers by typing in the IP address?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back