docucolor 240 osx10.6

I have trouble printing files to our docucolor 240 with built in fiery rip from osx 10.6
It says i need additional software to be able to print.

I downloaded the driver (3016.102) and installed it and selected the driver in the printconfiguration.
i also downloaded a utility to modify print permission of the cups filter.

still no go

yes but the problem is, i have cs3. Due to a security improvement in osx 10.6 its no longer possible to use the pdf printer from cs3. So i need to print my files directly.

And why would one use hotfolders if u can drop a pdf directly in cws?

I had to upgrade to software version 1.2 to get my 240 to print from InDesign properly if I remember correctly.

because I can set all properties of type of job i am folding with each folder.
1 sided text
1 sided cover
4pg book

I have never printed straight to my machine. to each his own I guess

yes other machines can print to it, but im the only one with osx10.6, the rest has a lower version or is on windows.
My computer can see the printer, since i can see the consumables level in the printconfiguration. Plus i can connect with cws.

because I can set all properties of type of job i am folding with each folder.
1 sided text
1 sided cover
4pg book

I have never printed straight to my machine. to each his own I guess

It is indeed usefull, but if u have many different jobs u need many hotfolders.

I had to upgrade to software version 1.2 to get my 240 to print from InDesign properly if I remember correctly.
What error did u recieve?

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back