New 64” XpertJet 1682SR Pro Printer

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
MUTOH America has introduced their new 64” XpertJet 1682SR Pro printer, the latest addition to the Eco-Solvent line; featuring their new dual-staggered AccuFine HD printheads. The new printheads are reported to print up to 89% faster than the current model, and are powered by MUTOH’s VerteLith RIP Software. The company refers to the XpertJet 1682SR Pro as, “The ideal printer for wraps, wall coverings, retail signage, and more”.

Key XpertJet 1682SR Pro features include—
  • Automatic bi-directional calibration alignments.
  • A Feed Master sensor that allows automatic media feed adjustments.
  • Nozzle Area Select allows an operator to temporarily turn off clogged print nozzles and select active nozzles.
  • Media Tracker prints a barcode prior to removing media. When a specified media is loaded again, a built-in sensor reads the barcode and recognizes the remaining media.
  • New 4-stage head height adjustment for wide-ranging media printing.
  • Multi-stage pressure rollers optimize print feed on various media.
  • Gold Certified Eco-Solvent ink—for use in sensitive areas such as daycare centers, hospitals and schools.
To learn more about the XpertJet-1682SR Pro, visit www.mutoh.com.

At $28k MSRP, I'd recommend comparing this machine against a Canon Colorado 1630 which would only be slightly more, but be able to print a much wider range including uncoated/inexpensive media and the ink doesn't require lamination for scratch protection. The Colorado series can also print gloss or matte by changing the frequency of the UV light.

At $28k MSRP, I'd recommend comparing this machine against a Canon Colorado 1630 which would only be slightly more, but be able to print a much wider range including uncoated/inexpensive media and the ink doesn't require lamination for scratch protection. The Colorado series can also print gloss or matte by changing the frequency of the UV light.
Having a Colorado 1650 for almost 2 years and a Mutoh for over 5 I can tell you the print quality on the Mutoh is more consistent with regards to banding or lines. The Colorado is hit and miss with lines at the swath boundary. Yes there are adjustments, but I have NEVER had to adjust the 1624X. Don't get me wrong, if Canon can solve this it is a tank of a printer and will out print every other roll to roll on the market.

Holy S@% lol That's some coin!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back