Does Screen resolution effect type

RGPW17100

Had to have a job replated for my Quick master 46. I am printing on a kiss cut 6 up label and on uncoated on this machine we usually print 133 line screen. The CSR wanted it printed using a 175 line screen. The job only had type no screening. We run all of our plates at 2540 DPI. My question is will it matter if it is set to 133 or 175 line screen will there be any change on the type resolution?

If there is no screen, there is no screen, so I wouldn't change anything from your norm.

The setups for plate and image setters combine screen angle, frequency, and dot shape with the resolutions that will support them, so you potentially COULD change the resolution if you change the screen frequency. In this case, just don't, because it's not relevant to the job you're running.

Screen line can affect type

Screen line can affect type

RGP,

Question to you is this job being printed spot color or process?

If the job is spot color or just black then there is no screen so you are correct in it will not matter but if you are printing 4 color process then the text will display differently with various screen settings. I did not see in your original post if this was just 1 spot color or not.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back