Dolev 400 problem

Luka

Hello,
we are still using Scitex Dolev 400 imagesetter. Few days ago cable that is conected to laser beam has particulary break. Today I remove old cable and put new one, but new problem apper. About half of film, image start to be deformed or moved from position where should be. I put one more file to print and again to the half it was okay but the other half of film contain deformated image cause it add some part of first film.

I think this could be software problem. Is there any way how to flush data from buffer or drive that imagesetter have? - But maybe Iam absolutly wrong and problem is somewhere else.. Any advice or idea are very welcome, thank you.

Luka
PS: sorry for my english. I am not very good in it and especialy at midnight after very bad day

Luka,

If the deformed image looks like a great big wedge, we had the same problem. On our dolev 200 it was a broken wire going to the imaging carriage. When I get to work I'll look up the name of the part where our broken wire was. We just soldered it - carefully because there's not much room to work in - and were able to image across the whole film again.

elap

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back