Dolev 800 Overheating

dtermeer

I have a Dolev 800 circa 1998 that will overheat on occasion and blow a couple of tiny fuses on what I believe is the spinner controller board. I get a spinner error when it happens and once I replace the fuses everything may run fine for weeks. I notice that the two large fans at the rear side on the electronic cage never seem to operate. I am guessing that they are turned on by a temperature sensor but I don't know--are they supposed to be turning all the time?

It appears to me that they run off direct power out of the power supply--they are plugged into what would normally be monitor power.

If anyone knows the circuit details for the operation of those two fans, can you share it with me--I would like to solve this overheating issue before I fry a component.

I have a Dolev 800 circa 1998 that will overheat on occasion and blow a couple of tiny fuses on what I believe is the spinner controller board. I get a spinner error when it happens and once I replace the fuses everything may run fine for weeks. I notice that the two large fans at the rear side on the electronic cage never seem to operate. I am guessing that they are turned on by a temperature sensor but I don't know--are they supposed to be turning all the time?

It appears to me that they run off direct power out of the power supply--they are plugged into what would normally be monitor power.

If anyone knows the circuit details for the operation of those two fans, can you share it with me--I would like to solve this overheating issue before I fry a component.

You certainly need the fans working.

Just to follow up in case anyone has a similar problem. The fans (both of them) were both inoperable and I found replacement fans on ebay with the same specs (the specs were marked clearly on the fans. The fans do run all the time when the Dolev 800 is turned on at the upper switch. Cooled things down considerably and has been running fine.

Just to follow up in case anyone has a similar problem. The fans (both of them) were both inoperable and I found replacement fans on ebay with the same specs (the specs were marked clearly on the fans. The fans do run all the time when the Dolev 800 is turned on at the upper switch. Cooled things down considerably and has been running fine.

Well done. good to hear that you managed to sort out your problem.:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back