DOLEV 800V problem

osmond

hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Dolev. It occurs every now and then alternately. It film feed but will not plot.

1. Course Calib Error
2. No LDT intens change.

what could be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your advices.

Dolev800V/GJ OLP/PSM 7

hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Dolev. It occurs every now and then alternately. It film feed but will not plot.

1. Course Calib Error
2. No LDT intens change.

what could be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your advices.

Dolev800V/GJ OLP/PSM 7

Hi Osmond,

Check your fibre optic connections; clean the tips.
If this does not help, then it looks like the Static optic is faulty or the OMC board. Also, could even be the Shutter on the Dynamic Optics.
Good luck

Dolev 800 error

Dolev 800 error

We used to have static errors often and would produce those results.
Also sometimes the head may be jammed. Open the drum door and move the head and if the cable that is attached to the head is wrapped around it, just free it.

It sounds more like a head or static related issue if film is moving but not imaging..if nothing happens when your PSM sends a file to it...its definitely the cable.

thanks you very much PACH and trondello, we'll try to do your advices.

but, can anyone send me a manual to find those parts? I only have the basic user manual...though we know some parts..just want to make sure we touch the right thing. [email protected]

I'll keep updating this post....

thanks.

Hi Osmond,

I'm facing with low speed of spinner for my Dolev 800V. Before, it ran at 21K rpm, now I only can let's it expose at 12K rmp. I don't know what's happening...

PM me and I will give you some manual for dolev to find correct P.N or Cd Creo planet which is most helpful.

Good luck
Leo

Hi Osmond,

I'm facing with low speed of spinner for my Dolev 800V. Before, it ran at 21K rpm, now I only can let's it expose at 12K rmp. I don't know what's happening...

PM me and I will give you some manual for dolev to find correct P.N or Cd Creo planet which is most helpful.

Good luck
Leo

PM sent. I've experienced that low speed too before... they said spinner is starting to fail.

Hello Osmond,

What is the latest with your Dole800? Are you any further with the problem?

Hi PACH,

I did not touch my dolev today. I only adjusted our air-conditioning unit to hit the dolev directly... and I observe our daily normal operation. All is well all morning to late in the afternoon. Until an wait inline processor error occurs, (we have a failing input sensor by the way in our processor- replacement is coming nxt week). our processor is not in stand by mode, the dolev is waiting for it to unload and but keeps on running. it took awhile before we notice that. I reset the processor to standby and the dolev unloads the plotted film. dolev went to standby, we plot another job and the NO LDT inten change error occurred. I shut down the dolev, opened the 2 side doors, let the cool air circulate for about 20minutes, closed the door and try to plot. And it did, continuously till we closed shop late at night.

It seems that there is something went to overheat when that happened. I realized that our errors right now started when our input sensor started to fail 3 weeks ago.

I'll observe more tommorrow and try not to make the dolev wait if the input sensor fails again. and maintain the room temperature cool. Im in a tropical country anyway, so its a little bit hot. If we can maintain that and nothing happens, then problem might be solved..or not yet...I don't know if this is normal to the dolev...

Leo - got your pdfs, but i already have those. I need the parts manual.

Last edited:
All is ok since my last post (dec 10). But today another error occurs and we cannot plot anything.

1. Work point set error
2. extra laser current

is the still related to my previous errors? Please help...again... Thank you very much.

Last edited:
All is ok since my last post (dec 10). But today another error occurs and we cannot plot anything.

1. Work point set error
2. extra laser current

is the still related to my previous errors? Please help...again... Thank you very much.

Hi Osmond,

The latest error messages point again to your Static Optics OR the OMC board. This problem points to the same hardware as I told you before.

Hope that you can resolve your problems and have a Happy New Year.

Hello PACH,

Thank you very much for you fast reply. I wish we have a tech guy like you around in our country. I believe we have only one or two certified engineer from kodak-creo around here that I cannot immediately get their support due to, I did not get my dolev from their office. If you are here, you can make a lot of money!

Anyway, I'll try to resolved and figure out where is the static optic and OMC board and try to fix it...as soon as possible.

Merry Chrstmas and a Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Hello PACH,

Thank you very much for you fast reply. I wish we have a tech guy like you around in our country. I believe we have only one or two certified engineer from kodak-creo around here that I cannot immediately get their support due to, I did not get my dolev from their office. If you are here, you can make a lot of money!

Anyway, I'll try to resolved and figure out where is the static optic and OMC board and try to fix it...as soon as possible.

Merry Chrstmas and a Happy New Year!

Hi Osmond,

If you do not know, the Static Optics is an aluminium box located on the LHS of the Dolev. Open the LHS door and you will see it at the bottom of the crate. The OMC board is in the Electronics box which is behind the RHS door of the Dolev.Just being curious, where about are you?

Ok got it. How will I know if it's busted?

I will check on them after the holiday. Thank you very much!

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
LF: Dolev 800V Static Optic Assy

LF: Dolev 800V Static Optic Assy

The Static Optic Assy is busted...

Anyone here selling? Dolev800V Static Optic Assy, new style. part #510P50743

PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thank you so much for the replies. I hope you can still help me source out the part i need.

check shutter

check shutter

did you clean the shutter, as it is measuring the laser output.
try to clean it and create a NDF graph from diagnostics laser menu. this graph will tell you the situation of our laser beam.
such problems usualy are caused by excessive dirt on optics.
it can be fixed. on other hand of course your static optic unit could be defected. or there maybe a broken fiber cable as major reasons.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back