Dolev outputs film too large

ksm1701

Hi everyone, hope somebody can help.

We are running a Dolev 450 with PS/M RIP 6.1 and just recently it has started to output film oversize (almost square at 26" x 26" / 660mm x 660mm).

It doesn't matter what we enter the output size as when printing to the PS/M, the film always comes out of the Dolev oversize and needs trimming down before it will fit the feed on our film processor.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It's driving me mad :mad::mad::mad:

Oversize Prints from a D450

Oversize Prints from a D450

Are you using the ScitexPSBridge PPD? When files do not hold the given size, it typically is due to the PPD not being used or honored at the RIP.
I would suggest using a different Scitex PPD, then when the PS/M rips the file, view it on the PSM for size.
If the size still grows, look at your settings on your PS/M or the PPD used.
If its the Dolev..call service...sorry thats out of my scope..

i recomend you to call your service center cause that is only one option the film input sensor is damaged or in a wrong position so it is not readding well the film input encoder on your 450, so in simple words call oyu service tech.

I you wan ti can give you tips on how to fix it but if you do it wrong it will make more bigger your problem instead of fixing it.

Thanks for the helpful replies guys. :)

I'll try the alternate PPD option and if that doesn't work I'll take a look at the film input sensor.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back