Double Sided Imposition Proofing

Dujo

Hello,

We are thinking of buying a double sided imposition proofer for quickly printing our jobs (color accuracy is no matter, it is only for checking imposition)
The Epson based DJet (Epson based DJet - Digital Information)
Anyone here who might have experience with this system?
We are using Heidelberg Metadimension RIP. Is it possible to effectively combine it with hte DJet?
Also, I read in another topic about double sided proofing, that the one problem with almost all double sided printers, is that the paper gets stuck... often.
Anyone here who could share some experience about this? Or with the printer you are using?

Thanks in advance!

It depends on your needs.
Another solution like Djet is Impoproof impoproof

I doubt Meta would be able to drive this, usually these companies have their own hybrid version of up to handle data.

We use Meta's with our Prinect workflow and we drive Epsons and colour laser for booklets.
If the pages are too big for color laser that we actually print and backup sheets manually on Epsons.
Not super pretty but it works just fine.
If we had to do huge quantity, it would not be good, that is why we use color laser.

I hope this helps

Thank you zoran,

I'm currently trying to get info from the DJet distributor, about hooking the djet system up with Meta. Already had a talk with the manufacturer, but they couldnt help.

Hi Dujo,
I am a reseller of the DJET System on the west coast. I can answer any and all questions you might have regarding this system. Your production workflow will integrate with DJET provided you can output a composite TIFF file to an input hot folder on the DJET workstation. As far as paper getting stuck, that should not be a concern, provided the system was built correctly and you have loaded the paper correctly. The DIPLOT and DIPILOT Software are very good at keeping track of what is happening on the system at anytime. I remotely administer customer issues with an application like Teamviewer and it is a great tool! Very fast. I can give you recommendations of customers who are using the DJET so you can get their feedback if you are interested. I hope that was of help!

Double Sided Proofing

Double Sided Proofing

You should be looking at the ImpoProof as well.

We hook into Heidelberg no issue.

As far and away the largest reseller of double sided systems in N America, the Canon based system is far superior to either the D Jet or the Spinjet.

Over 500 + installs in N America. RR Donnelley, CGX, Earth Color, Cenveo, Quad, Taylor Group, Schawk, to name some of the biggies that use our devices - mostly exclusivey.

The only solution that is upgradeable down the road. With either of the competitors you have to buy a new system.

Minimum printer resolution of 1200 dpi, and at that resolution or comparable on other printers (Say 1440 for Epson) we are at least 2x faster.

We have a dedicated support line operating M - F. Our support is second to none.

We sell an Epson version but the Canon printer has too many advantages over the Epson T Series.

We DO NOT have the jamming issue that is inherent with the Spinjet. We do not cut until the second side is printed.

Our software is far more efficient than either Spinjet or D Jet.

Main differences:

ImpoProof vs Spinjet - We recognize file names and you do not have to worry about multiple operators sending jobs at the same time and having them back up incorrecty

ImpoProof vs D Jet - Registration is the last operation before printing the second side. If you have to adjust it can be done on the fly. For D Jet it is done on the front end, so you have to reprocess any jobs in the queue and continue printing anything already in process before you can correct. With ImpoProof you can easily advance the paper and continue if something goes wrong. With D Jet you have to reload the entire machine. ImpoProof is easier to load as well.

Also, we have been using and perfecting the camera system for over 16 years now and are way ahead of the D Jet. They have been selling camera systems on their devices for about 3 -4 years. The D Jet is a new name for the PreProofer.

Look us up!

impoproof

Hello,

We are thinking of buying a double sided imposition proofer for quickly printing our jobs (color accuracy is no matter, it is only for checking imposition)
The Epson based DJet (Epson based DJet - Digital Information)
Anyone here who might have experience with this system?
We are using Heidelberg Metadimension RIP. Is it possible to effectively combine it with hte DJet?
Also, I read in another topic about double sided proofing, that the one problem with almost all double sided printers, is that the paper gets stuck... often.
Anyone here who could share some experience about this? Or with the printer you are using?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dujo,

Let me preface this by saying that I do NOT work for TechSage or any reseller. I am a SpinJet END USER. Here is a hopefully fair summary:

I saw ImpoProof several years ago at GraphExpo and I can only assume that the product has seasoned further since then. While the quality and speed were nice, here's what I remember:

1. Loading paper was a somewhat lengthy process (5 minutes maybe?) with several round trips between computer and printer. All in all, I suppose this isn't really an issue just more of an annoyance.
2. If you queue lots of jobs at once, the ImpoProof will shine however, if you are like many shops who print a proof here and there, you'll waste a couple feet of media with each single proof job.

As a SpinJet user, none of the above apply but as jfmeggit pointed out, SpinJet is not without its issues. I have indeed experienced jams mainly due to paper curl so good humidity is always helpful. Good paper is helpful too ;-)

The SpinFlow software is very easy to use and you can setup as many queues as you need. As jfmeggit mentioned, with multiple operators sending jobs to the software, it...is...possible that one job could backup to another which did happen HOWEVER after a few simple tweaks to the SpinFlow settings, this hasn't happened since.

I have 2 queues for each work style (Sheetwise, Work & Turn, Work & Tumble, Perfector), one with 10% ink reduction and the other with 40% ink reduction. Ink saturation can surely make or break front/back registration and given the paper path on the ImpoProof and with the camera system that is on it, you may very well have less issue with registration. To be fair though, the registration that I've experienced with SpinJet has been pretty good. Occasionally I get a job with heavy coverage and backup sucks but re-printing the same job through the 40% ink reduction queue resolves it.

As for the ImpoProof software being more efficient than SpinFlow, I cannot speak to that.

pd

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back