Downsizing from and Igen 4 to KM 1100 Ricoh 9110??

I've never had any hands on experience with Canon, but don't seem to hear much praise on this board about them.

We used to have a Canon 6000VP - I always liked it. It was a good solid machine for us & we had good techs. Service was a little thin for a while (not enough techs in our area) and it took a while to get service in the building, but they fixed that. We had MUCH more success with Canon then we did with the KM 8000 that we hated.
Canon just took forever to get a new machine released, so when we were looking for a new machine the Canon 6000/7000 series just couldn't compete with the Xerox 1000.

We used to have a Canon 6000VP - I always liked it. It was a good solid machine for us & we had good techs. Service was a little thin for a while (not enough techs in our area) and it took a while to get service in the building, but they fixed that. We had MUCH more success with Canon then we did with the KM 8000 that we hated.
Canon just took forever to get a new machine released, so when we were looking for a new machine the Canon 6000/7000 series just couldn't compete with the Xerox 1000.

Is the colour more stable on your Xerox 1000 vs the Canon 6000?

I find the canon quality is amazing when its up to spec (fresh drums, dev's, belts etc), but get a fair bit of colour variance through the work day and after a couple of weeks of use. Constant battle with drop off along the top edge from dirty grids, apparently 7010vp+ are more stable... but Im weary.

Is the colour more stable on your Xerox 1000 vs the Canon 6000?

I find the canon quality is amazing when its up to spec (fresh drums, dev's, belts etc), but get a fair bit of colour variance through the work day and after a couple of weeks of use. Constant battle with drop off along the top edge from dirty grids, apparently 7010vp+ are more stable... but Im weary.

MUCH more stable. We used to have to calibrate the 6000 two times a day - Once in the morning and again after lunch. (Sometimes even in between jobs). We calibrate the 1000 once a day in the morning. Xerox claims even once a day is overkill - they say every 2 or 3 days is fine, but I feel much more confident with daily cailibrations - they don't take that long to do.

Depending where we are in parts lifecycle, we still might have to play with the color a little on reprints, but I think you're going to find that on any machine.

We run a 1085, if you want to do 200k + clicks a month dont even go there, unless you get some live in techs!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back