DPM 2000 and PrintersRip how to set it to trap

bcaldwell

We are using DPM2000 platesetter and it came with the PrintersRip1. I was wondering if any know how to set it up to trap. I see under the page setup there is a place to set it to trap. But when I select it to trap it comes up with a doctor watson error. I need to know how to set it up and also in the seperations do I need to tell it to except spot colors?

From what I remember, that Rip did not support trapping without a plug in. The only way to get a trapping plug in is to upgrade the rip. I don't know what Presstek would charge, but it won't be cheap. The other issue is that they may not even support upgrades on a machine that old.

Also the hardware is so old that it couldn't handle a newer rip.The rip computer is built in to the device and is running on Windows NT 3.5 if I remember correctly.

bcaldwell

bcaldwell

Check with David (member on these forums) from Lucid Dreams, he may be able to help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back