DPM 2340 problems

tczachor

We have a DPM 2340 platemaker in my Graphic Arts shop at my school. Our instructor passed away recently and I am trying to get it working for the substitute.

The problem is the plate goes through the imager, gets cut, goes down to the processor, but doesn't get taken through. System then shows a jam error 9. It seems it does not pull the plate through the processor.

Any ideas where to start? Troubleshooting in manual doesn't cover anything like this.

Appreciate any help!
Tom

Yep, look at the gears in the activator tank one has come loose or is broken and is not turning the shaft.
Thus the rollers don't turn and the plate can not be pulled through. That's it for sure has happened to me.
If you open the doors and get something to push the two door switches in, you will see the rollers are not turning.

That was it! Gear must have been a little stretched, machine shop class put a shim in it temporarily.

Thank you for the info!

Next question, where is the best source of repair parts for this unit, Presstek? It is working, but I don't know for how long..

DPM Problems - Data Transfer Failed

DPM Problems - Data Transfer Failed

1I thought it would be good to continue in this post for 2340 problems. I am an instructor as well and we have a DPM 2340 also in our shop. We just changed the material over from 13.375" to 12" and now the machine says, "Data Transfer Failed" or "Imager Error."

The material is 23812-MRF, which is not in the list for materials. I made a custom one, but I am sure that is arbitrary.

The version for PrintersRIP is 5.1.

I don't think this has anything to do with the material and I have checked all the connections to the device. I was wondering if anyone has seen this message before?

Thanks,
George

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back