Drive gear?

Robert carter

My ryobi 3200 has jumped time 3 times in the last month. Today I heard a loud grinding noise. I could see that the idler gear is very warn. Could the drive gear be wore out? any thoughts? :) Also, if it is the drive gear, is it hard to replace? I'm pretty mechanically inclined. :)

I took off the chain delivery and found that the drive gear was worn out, the bushing was missing and all ground up. I'm using this time to clean the impression cylinder. any thoughts on what is the best chemical to clean the impression cylinder?

Use water for the water solubles and type wash for the others both with plenty of elbow grease and a tough scotch pad.

Good luck with the gear and bushing;but, don't hammer directly on the bushing.Use an aluminum shouldered driver(machine shop time).

Al

You should carefully inspect the other gears that engage with the damaged one. They may also need replacement.

Al

You should carefully inspect the other gears that engage with the damaged one. They may also need replacement.

Al
I did, the gear that connects with the drive gear had some nicks so i'm replacing it. Also why is the hand wheel shaft gear so expensive? it looks a lot like the drive gear yet it's twice as much money?

Count your blessings, if it was a Heidelberg, add 1000 dollars to those figures:). Sorry, had to add some humor.

You must know people in high places at Heidelberg, Robert! Can't imagine the terms "dropped wrench" and "gears" was that cheap! :)

I had to drive to a place in Tennessee to get an used tranny I had to pay CASH!!!!!! it cost me an additional $1200 to get it installed by a retired mechanic.

Bring it on, I'll drop you like a red-headed step child:). Ooh, not in line with today's PC, but one of my favorites...

Junk!!! I have been in the hospital and will have to take a break from the competition.. but in a couple of weeks I WILL crush you so bad that you will need some maxie pads.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back