Drying time

Slammer

Customer here is driving me nuts. They are moaning about the quality they produce, apart from having no idea what a press curve is or any kind of compensation the TVI was around 20% too high, then, I had a look at their prints and found that they had a SID generally found in newspaper and not the glossy midrange stuff.
When I pointed it out to them I was told that they did it this way because the prints needed to dry before blowing them through the two color Heidelberg for the other two colors. Not being a press man I have to ask this question to the brethren on what to suggest on how to speed up drying time.

You can use some ink additives or dryers to enhance the drying time, use quick drying inks. Stay open inks can have slower drying times. Also use better pigment strength inks so you need to run less ink for the job.
You can experiment with FM screens too.
Check the pH of the fountain solutuon also. Low pH can slower the drying process.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back