Duplicator help

ally170

Hi guys,

I currently manage a growing online commercial print/personalisation company. We have a 4 colour Ryobi press which has been excellent in getting us to where we are but certainly isn't doing as much as it was even 2 years ago. We print a lot of NCR for a large number of customers.

Basically, if we were to sell the press, we need something to continue NCR. I have been looking at duplicators but know nothing about them or their cost effectiveness against a 4 colour press. We offer 4 colour and black and white and we dont want to lose the ability to run 4 colour. I know duplicators are either 1 or 2 colour so it involves a second run for 4 colour, but so would downsizing the press to a 2 colour, specifically for NCR.

So many variables and I really cant get my head around it when I don't know what the costs of running a duplicator are against a press.

Any input would be appreciated or even a pointer to somewhere on the web or a company who might help.

Thanks

Why not buy a used, cheap 1 or 2 color duplicator like a 3302 or anything similar? No need to get out of the 4 color as your costs will probably skyrocket.

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was wondering what is the point at where a duplicator becomes too expensive for a certain job?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back